Week beginning Monday 1st March 2021...
We will be reunited in school next week! Let's have a really successful, positive final week of home-learning! You have all done so well this term - keep up the super level of effort and great work ethic for one more week.
Live lessons this week...
Thursday 8:40am AND 11:35am (Read the home-learning document properly for an explanation why. The invite to these slightly different lessons will be sent via email on Thursday morning)
Big smiles (and a little happy dance of excitement to see you next week) From Miss K
Second Half of Spring Term
22nd February 2021
Hopefully we will all be reunited soon but for a little while longer, we will continue with the routine we built before half term. You all made me so proud before the half-term break. The work you were sending me was fantastic and everyone was attending live lessons on time and behaving brilliantly during them. Let's keep these wonderful things happening.
We even won the times tables rockstars battle against year 5 because of your incredible team effort and encouragement of each other.
Linked below are the home-learning documents for this week. We will have live lesson at 11am from Tuesday onwards this week.
27/1/21 The current Times Tables Rock Stars class leaders (as per average speed on last 10 times playing studio)...
You guys seemed to enjoy the Geography 20 questions game in live lesson. Here's the info in case you wanted to play it with a sibling or parent.... or you could private call someone in the class to play again.
To access the video of a live lesson...
1) Wait around 30 minutes after the live lesson.
2) Login to Office365 on either the office365 app or by going to www.office.com on an internet browser.
3) Locate the ‘OneDrive’ app. You might find this by clicking on the dots in the top left hand corner then clicking on ‘OneDrive’. (Like the first picture below)
4) Click on Shared.
5) There should then be a list of lesson videos. Click on the one you need according to the date/description. (Like the second picture below)
6) Open the video. You will have to wait a little while for it to load/buffer. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO - Just view it. It will look like a blank screen for anything up to 15 minutes (maybe longer depending on your internet speed) whilst it loads.
Monday 8th February 2021
ONE WEEK UNTIL HALF TERM GUYS! We've got this - let's have a brilliant final week of the half-term before a well deserved week off.
Keep sending me your super work. See you all in live lessons at 10am everyday this week.
Check the home-learning documents below for this week's learning.
Monday 1st February 2021
Wow - we made it to February! You may feel a little like this...
But please remember...
Thanks to everyone who sent me work last week - I was very impressed with the RE projects and the prison theme writing in particular. I also received some super North America powerpoints too!
Remember it's Children's Mental Health Week this week so please speak to someone if you're struggling with anything and make sure you spend some time doing things that make you happy - but also look out for the people around you and help them out too in any way that you can! We will celebrate mental health week with a 'Dress to Express' day on Friday - can't wait to see your outfits in live lesson! Check the home-learning document for Friday for more specific information.
See you in live lesson at 9am every day this week.
Big smiles from Miss K
Week beginning 25th January
What a successful week last week was! You were super stars in live lessons (as you have been all term so far) and sent me some fantastic work. Keep sending me things and i'll add a few to the celebration area above soon.
Live lessons are at 11am this week.
Please remember to read the home-learning document thoroughly. 90% of the questions you guys asked via teams or email last week could be answered just by reading the info already given to you in those documents.
I hope you had a lovely weekend.
Let's achieve some fantastic things this week and keep supporting each other with kindness!
Monday 18th January
Good morning Owls - another huge well done for all of your achievements last week. Super behaviour in live lessons, lots of incredible work submitted to me, lots of stories of you helping each other out from afar. I am very proud and looking forward to another great week with you all.
Check the home-learning documents below (one for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and a separate one for Thursday/Friday). Make sure you've read the instructions before you submit any questions to me. Don't forget our live lessons are at 10am this week so there are some tasks to do before the sessions and some tasks to do afterwards.
See you in the live lessons.
Monday 11th January 2021
I was so proud and amazed at all of your efforts last week. Most of you submitted work to me and it was all fantastic! Everyone's behaviour during our live lesson was excellent - you are very mature and hard-working.
Join me for live lessons at 9am every day this week. The learning to do outside of our live lesson time is linked in the documents below. Everything is explained fully in those documents. There is a lot of info so it's really important to spend time reading everything I have written before you ask questions about it. All of it will become clearer and easier as the days go on. You can do the arithmetic before the live lesson this week if you like but you don't have to - you can do it afterwards if you prefer. Do not do the live lesson follow up work until after the lesson.
See you at 9am - can't wait for another video call with you all. (I will stick to our one hour slot this time and not keep talking!)
Friday 8th January 2021
Good morning everyone! Join me in the teams meeting at 9am with your Holes book ready and either lots of paper or your blue exercise book and a pencil. (Scroll down to the message about our trial lesson from Wednesday if you need some instructions on trouble shooting on teams - you might have to delete the old video meeting out of your calendar on the teams app in order for the new meeting to appear).
1) Attend live lesson on teams at 9am. Please arrive muted and wait quietly until I welcome everyone.
2) Do the follow up maths work (linked below and explained during the live lesson. Do not try the tasks before the lesson).
3) Do the follow up reading work (explained during the live lesson).
4) Do the Usain Bolt reading comprehension task (linked below). There are three texts and three answer sheets with questions for each set. They start easy and get harder. You should choose to read ONE text and answer just the question set that follows that text. The three texts are all the same but the first version is easiest (*), the next is a bit trickier (**) and the final one is the most challenging (***) - flick through all the sheets then pick which text and question set feels right for you.
5) Practice some more of the y5/6 curriculum spelling list (on the home-learning document from Tuesday - scroll down this page to find it again).
6) Do something that gets your body moving. We have spent a lot of time looking at computers and getting set up with our online learning this week. Your body needs to look away from a screen and get some fresh air. You could ask if you can go for a walk with a family member, create a game in the garden, set yourself some active challenges - e.g. count how many skips you can do with a skipping rope in two minutes, time how long you can balance a ball on a tennis racket whilst walking around a set route. Do anything you like but you must move and you must breathe in fresh air!!
I am extremely proud of how you've all adapted this week. If I haven't heard very much from you this week, please drop me an email or a message in teams and tell me how you are - I care about you all and hope you're all ok.
Have a nice weekend when it arrives later!
A massive thank you and well done to everyone who attended our trial video session this morning. It was so nice to see/hear you all. Almost everyone managed to attend and lots of you have started submitting work through teams assignments, doing more ReadTheory quizzes and so much more! The home-learning I put up on Tuesday should keep you busy until the end of the day on Thursday. I will then see you in a video lesson at 9am on Friday. There will then be follow-up work for you to get on with afterwards - I will put this work on this webpage so you can come here to access it after the live lesson.
I am just in the process of sorting out the settings on the video recording of our live lesson and I will give you instructions of how to view lesson recordings once i've sorted this.
Taster live-lesson 10am Wednesday 6th January
Good morning Year 6 I hope you had a good day yesterday and got some work done after the initial surprise change of plan. Hopefully you checked your school email inbox - you were sent all of your online logins in case you were missing any. Your parents also should have received a text telling them to pop to the front of school to collect a named pack containing an exercise book and a Holes reading book for you - please do not read the book yet; we will read it together in our live video lessons very soon.
I would like to trial a short video call with all of us today at 10am so that I know how it works and you can have a little practice of accessing a video lesson before we start a proper routine of video lessons next week. If you have access to a device with Teams on at 10am today, please attend the trial video session. If you can't access it today - do not panic! It is absolutely fine as today's video call is just a chance for me to check some of the school tech works and give me an idea of any issues that I need to resolve before planning my video lessons for you to start properly next week. If the video call is going smoothly, I might go through some of the arithmetic answers from the home-learning so make sure you've done at least up to question 10 please.
Here's the instructions of how to access the video call by 10am today...
How to access your Motcombe Primary Live lessons via Microsoft Teams.
Problem solving if the meeting does not appear in your calendar section:
3. Approximately 5 minutes before the scheduled meeting time, click on ‘join’ from the calendar section of teams.
4. Please ensure the camera is switched on and the microphone is ‘muted’ so that background noise isn’t a distraction for anyone. Your teacher may ask you to speak in the meeting – you can ‘unmute’ when asked to by the teacher but at no other time.
Home-learning Week Beginning 4th January
Good Morning Year 6. Happy New Year! I know it is not the start to the year that we were hoping for. I miss you all and would love nothing better than to have our wonderful year 6 team all together in our classroom. However, we know that everyone's health is the most important thing to prioritise right now. Please see the document below for some home-learning to start the week. It is three days worth of learning, some things you should repeat each day, some things will take you two or three days, some things are one-off tasks. I will be teaching the children of key-workers and vulnerable children full-time so I am sorry that I will not be able to contact you all directly immediately. Once the Motcombe staff team have had a couple of days to make adaptations to our lessons and our timetables etc, I will put more information on here for you as I hope to do some live video lessons with you all on our MicrosoftTeams group later in the week, including starting our new, fun topic together! If you need your logins for mathletics, read theory and any other platforms, either your parents can email the office or you can logon to your school email account and email either myself or the office to ask for them.
I am thinking of all of you and look forward to seeing your amazing faces via video lessons soon - watch this space!